人人英语 登陆 | 注册 | 控制面板 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏

听力音频:我才不要分心

please install RealPlayer!

点"播放"按键即可在线收听.

我才不要分心

时间:2007-11-07 01:20:42来源: 作者:

SCENE④ B  吉娜和戴夫在隔间里 

【我才不要分心】

 

Dave:          Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?

戴夫:         你觉得去跟文斯说会不会好一点?解释这整个情况?

 

Zina:           No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?

吉娜:         门都没有。我要自己享受压扁这只虫子的满足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么办?

 

Dave:          I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?

戴夫:         不会吧。你那仰慕者似乎还蛮贴心的。难道你对他一点都不好奇?

 

Zina:  He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.

吉娜:         他只会让人分心,就像耳边蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。

 

Dave:          A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.

戴夫:         稍微分点心或许对你有好处,吉娜。

语言详解

 

A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.

    我们家那个两岁的小鬼老是出状况。

 

B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.

    孩子就是从两岁会开始好奇。

 

【a little curious 一点儿好奇】

 

a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一点”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隐含否定之意。

 

A: There's still a little time. We can have another drink.

     还有一点时间,我们可以再来一杯。

B: But there is little money with us.

     但是我们没有什么钱了。

A: I think they would accept my credit card.

     我想他们会接受我的信用卡。

 

1)quish  (v.) 挤扁,压扁

2)  curious  (a.) 感到好奇的

3)  distraction  (n.) 分心

4)  do someone good  对某人有好处

无相关信息

文章评论

共有 位人人英语网友发表了评论 查看完整内容

人人英语博客

24小时热门信息